Oil and gas
Financial and corporate 2016
"Lawrence Fubara Anga continues to be one of the most plugged in lawyers in the market. He provides very thoughtful advice on complex and multi-layered issues that require a strong understanding of the inner workings of the local market."
"He is a prolific lawyer with great depth in knowledge. He has been very useful in providing sound legal opinion and is a highly regarded resource person in the field of capital markets."
Fubara is the head of the Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, and Transportation Practice Groups. He advises on financial, corporate and commercial issues that affect projects and companies especially in the transportation, oil, gas and power sectors. He is regarded as one of Nigeria’s leading commercial lawyers.
• Advising a syndicate of banks on a US$800 million reserved based lending facility in respect of the acquisition by a borrower of participating interest in an Oil Mining Lease in Nigeria;
• Advising a conglomerate of banks as lenders’ counsel on a US$141 million syndicated loan facility in respect of the acquisition of a power plant;
• Advised a development finance institution on a US$100 million unsecured line of credit to a local bank for on-lending to small and medium-sized enterprises and financing renewable energy and energy efficient projects;
• Advised the lender in a US$50.6 million ECA-backed financing of the reclamation of land under a Public Private Partnership with the Lagos State Government;
• Advising a commercial bank on the recovery of a US$19 million debt lent by AFREXIM to a domestic airline operator for the purchase of two aircraft.
• Asset finance
• Capital markets: Debt
• Capital markets: Equity
• Structured finance/securitisation
• Project finance
• Government and public policy
• Tech and telecoms