Oil and gas
Technology and telecommunications
Theo is Head of the Corporate/Commercial and Tax Practice Groups of ǼLEX, a full-service law firm with offices in Nigeria and Ghana. His practice over the last 30 years has been focused on Corporate/Commercial, Mergers and Acquisitions, Taxation, and Intellectual Property. He has advised extensively on the legal, tax and regulatory regimes governing mergers and acquisitions as well as project development in Nigeria. He also advises on corporate structures, shareholder rights and corporate governance issues.
Theo is widely acknowledged as one of Nigeria’s leading tax practitioners, and draws on his training as both an engineer and a lawyer to provide insightful advice to the Firm’s clients on various infrastructure projects.
• Advised on the acquisition by the Coca-Cola Company of 40% equity in CHI Limited, a leading producer of juice and value-added dairy brands in Nigeria;
• Advising the project company in the development of a US$1.5 billion Deep Sea port in Lagos State;
• Led the team that advised a major international telecommunications company on the US$1.6 billion acquisition of one of Nigeria's pioneer mobile telecommunications network operators;
• Led the team that advised Helios, a private equity fund, on a US$120 million dollar acquisition of a Nigerian company;
• Advising Doppelmayr in a €225 million contract for the installation and operation of a cable car urban transit system in Lagos.
• Investment funds
• Private equity
• Project development
• Consumer goods and services
• Investment management
• Tech and telecoms