Restructuring and insolvency
Consumer goods and services
"Ira Eddymurthy delivers an excellent service."
"She is very capable and responsive."
Ira A. Eddymurthy is a founding partner of SSEK. She is one of Indonesia’s most experienced and most highly regarded lawyers in the areas of banking and finance, including project finance, capital markets, insurance, mergers and acquisitions, and tax law.
Ira has extensive experience in advising clients on Indonesia’s legal and regulatory environment, and successfully acting for multinationals and large domestic companies on large and complex transactions. She is praised by clients for her “sophisticated knowledge of Indonesian law” and her “comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the commercial aims of clients.”
Ira has been recognized as one of the top banking, capital markets, corporate, commercial and M&A lawyers by leading independent legal publications.
• Advised Pertamina, the Indonesian state-owned oil and natural gas company, in the purchase of a significant stake in PT Trans Pacific Petrochemical Indotama (TPPI);
• Acted for Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility (CGIF) in its role as guarantor in the issuance of two tranches of medium-term notes in the amount of US$10.7 million;
• Acted for Alibaba Group Holding on the Indonesian aspects of its US$1 billion purchase of a controlling stake in Southeast Asian online retailer Lazada Group;
• Advised GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) on a three-part deal that saw the pharmaceutical company take full control of its Indonesian Consumer Healthcare business, while divesting a non-core brand and a manufacturing facility in the country. Also advised GSK on the Indonesian aspects of its global transaction with Novartis that saw the pharmaceutical companies complete a series of asset swaps worth more than $20 billion.
• Financial services regulatory
• Project finance
• Restructuring and insolvency
• Consumer goods and services
• Natural resources