Restructuring and insolvency
Industrials and manufacturing
Technology and telecommunications
"Jonathan appeared experienced in handling international clients and provided sophisticated answers to our queries."
"He is very capable and responsive."
Jonathan M. Streifer has 20 years of experience practicing in Indonesia. He advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, investment, labor, tax, and general corporate and commercial transactions.
Prior to joining SSEK in 2002, Jonathan was associated with the San Francisco law firm of Shartsis Friese & Ginsburg LLP, where he specialized in venture capital financings and mergers and acquisitions. Jonathan also worked for six years as a legal advisor to law firms in Jakarta focusing on corporate finance, including private placements and public offerings of debt and equity securities, debt restructuring, bank lending, acquisitions and other international business transactions.
Jonathan has been recognized as a leading practitioner in the fields of projects and natural resources, and mergers and acquisitions by various legal publications.
• Advised Shinhan Investment Corporation, a South Korean securities company, on the acquisition of 99% of shares in PT Makinta Securities, an Indonesian securities company;
• Advised the InVivo Group on the restructuring of its operations in Indonesia;
• Advised Maersk and APM Terminals on various transactions and proposed transactions in Indonesia;
• Advised various Japanese companies on equity and other investments and commercial transactions in Indonesia;
• Advised a US chipmaker on a strategic minority shareholding investment in an Indonesian telecommunications company;
• Advised Robust Resources Ltd, previously an ASX listed company, on its mining investments in Indonesia;
• Advised various e-commerce companies on their Indonesian operations.
• Financial restructuring
• Private equity
• Project development
• Project finance
• Natural resources
• Tech and telecoms