- Media and entertainment companies Viacom and CBS have agreed to combine their businesses in a $28 billion merger.
- The combined entity will operate as ViacomCBS.
- National Amusements holds 78.9% of the Class A voting shares of CBS and 79.8% of the Class A voting shares of Viacom.
- LionTree Advisors and Morgan Stanley acted as financial advisers to the Special Committee of Viacom’s Board of Directors.
- Centerview Partners and Lazard Frères acted as financial advisers to the Special Committee of CBS' Board of Directors.
- Evercore acted as financial adviser to National Amusements.
Rani Mehta - Latin America Editor