- The Walt Disney Company has made a $52 billion bid for the the television and international businesses of 21st Century Fox.
- The businesses acquired will be film and TV studios, international TV businesses, 22 regional sports networks and the cable entertainment networks.
- The remaining part of Fox will focus on sport and TV news and will include Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Broadcasting Company, Fox Sports and Fox Television Stations Group.
- The acquired assets allows Disney to compete with rivals like Netflix and Amazon. The company has announced its intention to launch two streaming services by 2019.
- Goldman Sachs is reported to be providing a bridge loan to help finance the acquisition.
- Guggenheim Securities and JPMorgan Securities are acting as financial advisers to Walt Disney.
Katrin Kostadinova - Data analyst