- Cap des Biches 52.9MW combined cycle power plant expansion (33MW).
- ContourGlobal is expanding the capacity of its Cap des Biches project, a thermal power plant in development in Senegal.
- To new project will be add an additional 33MW to the capacity of the planned development - a 52.9MW combined cycle power plant.
- Development banks Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) are financing the cost of the expansion.
- The project is vital for Senegal which is unable to meet domestic demand for electricity.
Ben Naylor - Regional editor