Sirajganj 414MW diesel and gas power plant PPP

22/8/2017
Joint venture, PPP, Project development, Project finance

$ 310 million

Announced

22/8/2017


Overview:

  • Sirajganj 414MW diesel and gas power plant PPP.
  • The project is an dual fuel IPP being developed by joint venture entity Sembcorp Nort-West Power Company.
  • The project is the first dual fuel IPP supported by international sponsors in Bangladesh.
  • The International Financing Corporation (IFC), Commonwealth Development Corporation, Clifford Capital and Japan International Cooperation Agency provided $310 million in financing for the project.
  • The financing was also supported by a MIGA investment guarantee.
  • 71% of the project will be owned by Sembcorp, while North West Power Generation Company will hold the other 29%.

Katrin Kostadinova - Data analyst 

Read further analysis of this deal on IFLR.com

Continue reading...

New to IFLR1000?

Register today for FREE:

  • Understand market dynamics, with data broken by deal type and more
  • Access law firms and lawyers involved in deals
  • Gain unique insight into lawyers recent work
REGISTER NOW

Sign in