Dr. Badawy is a Founding Partner and Head of Z&P’s Mergers and Acquisitions Department and a member of the Firm’s Arbitration Department.
Dr. Badawy is recognized for her exceptional skills in drafting and negotiations of all contracts necessary in any M & A transaction, particularly SPA’s, shareholders agreements, management agreements, escrow agreements, as well as merger and restructuring agreements. Dr. Badawy has also played a key role in major IPO’s and private equity funding transactions handled by the Firm.
Dr. Badawy also provides Egyptian and multinational clients with valuable general corporate advice as well as specific advice relating to Environmental Law matters.
• Advised and played a key role in several IPO’s whether on behalf of the Issuer or the Underwriters including the listing and IPO of Cleopatra Hospital Company’s shares on the EGX, the listing and IPO of Emaar Egypt shares on the EGX, the listing and IPO of IDH on the London Stock Exchange and the first dual listing on EGX and NASDAQ Dubai of Orascom Construction;
• Advised on the restructuring of B.Tech for Trade and Distribution Company, SAE, and drafted and negotiated all contracts required for the private placement of 33% stake to a strategic Investor;
• Advised Abraaj Group, drafted and negotiated all relevant agreements in relation to three of their hospital acquisitions in Egypt;
• Acted on behalf of Paradise Capital S.A.E in the sale of 52% of Olympic Group, the largest white goods manufacturer in Egypt, to Electrolux through a Mandatory Tender Offer for 100% of the shares and led critical negotiations of the SPA, Management Agreement and Escrow Agreement for the complex transaction involving a carve out of two listed subsidiaries and other assets. Total value of the transaction exceeded USD 450 million.
• Capital markets: Equity
• Private equity
• Restructuring and insolvency
• Consumer goods and services
• Financial services
• Food and beverage
• Real estate
Egyptian Bar Association (1992)
American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt
BSC Law, Cairo University
Master’s degree, Institute of International Business Law, Cairo University
Master’s degree (D.E.S.S.) Litigation and Arbitration, University of Paris II Assas
Ph.D International Arbitration, University of Paris I Sorbonne