Energy and infrastructure
Sola is a leading authority on Nigerian electricity law.
From the inception of the Nigerian electricity industry reforms at the beginning of the 2000s, Sola has advised first governments and the regulator, and later project developers and investors on several aspects of the Nigerian energy sector. He has advised on development of new power projects and on the restructuring and privatisation of several Brownfield projects. He also routinely advises on foreign investment into and divestment from Nigeria.
• Advising the sponsor/developer of a 495 MW Independent Power Project (IPP), transmission lines, associated substations and gas infrastructure in South East Nigeria;
• Advising on the deployment and management of a network to enable underserved rural communities in Nigeria to access mobile telephony, internet and electricity;
• Engaged to provide legal advisory and transaction support services to an entity in Nigeria in relation to the deployment of 20,000 units of solar home lighting systems to rural communities across Nigeria.
• Energy, Infrastructure & Utilities
• Project Finance & Development
• Mergers & Acquisitions
Nigerian Bar Association
Sola is a Fellow of both the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria.