Jennifer B Tumbuan has been a partner of Tumbuan & Partners since April 2011. She has been in practice since 1998. Before joining T&P, she was the retained general counsel of Renaissance Capital and PT Borneo Lumbung Energi & Metal Tbk for about three years, and was previously a senior associate in a large, reputable law firm in Jakarta. She is admitted to practise as an advocate and capital market legal consultant in Indonesia.
Within T&P, she has been intensively involved in the issuance of capital market securities (equity and debt) by Indonesian companies through the Indonesian capital market and overseas capital markets, including IPOs, rights issue, bonds and promissory notes, banking and finance, acquisitions, debt restructuring and mining projects in Indonesia, and general corporate work.
• Acted as legal adviser to Rui Tong Limited in its several issuance of secured exchangeable note purchase agreements totalling more than US$1 billion.
• Acted as legal adviser to PT Borneo Lumbung Energi & Metal Tbk in its $1 billion acquisition of 23.8% shares in Bumi, an indirect shareholder of a.o. PT Bumi Resources Tbk, PT Bumi Resources Minerals Tbk, PT Berau Coal Energy Tbk, PT Darma Henwa Tbk and PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara, and in its $1 billion acquisition financing with Standard Chartered Bank.
• Acted as legal adviser to J&Partners Group in several of its transactions including the financing and refinancing with a syndicate of banks, the proposed acquisition of several mining companies, the land clearing of several plots of land, and several other corporate actions.
• Banking & Finance
• Capital Market
• Commercial Arbitration
• Commercial Litigation & Anti-Trust
• Foreign & Domestic Investments
• General Corporate
• Islamic Finance
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Mining & Energy
• Project & Natural Resources
• Debt & Corporate Restructuring
• Bankruptcy & Suspension of Debt Payments
Law degree, Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia
LL.M, Faculty of Law, Leiden University