Energy and infrastructure
Government and public policy
Dr. J. M. Swaminathan has been actively involved in litigation pertaining to all areas of commercial law and has acted for major multinationals including the top Fortune 500 Companies and leading Sri Lankan Companies in all aspects of Sri Lankan law.
He has advised several foreign agencies such as the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, Commonwealth Development Corporation, and ADB in relation to public and private sector projects in Sri Lanka.
• Advised Commonwealth Development Corporation, Export Credit Guarantee Department, Export Finance Insurance Corporation and A/s Eksportfinans, Hayleys Limited, Aitken Spence & Co. Limited and James Finlay & Co. (Colombo) Limited with regard to Power Projects.
Member of the legal team for:
• Integrated Water Supply Project, Ampara District (Australian & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd);
• Water Supply -Project, Medadumbara Hatton Dickoya & Badulla (Standard Chartered Bank);
• AES Kelanitissa Power Project;
• The privatisations of Shell, Caltex, United Motors and the National Development Bank;
• Asia Power Project.
• Capital markets: Equity
• Real estate finance
• Government and public policy
• Real estate
Sri Lanka, December 1964
Member Bar Association of Sri Lanka
Former Council Member Bar Association of Sri Lanka
Member International Bar Association
Member Inter-Pacific Bar Association
Overseas Member Instituted of Trademarks Agents London
Member International Trademarks Association
Member Asian Patent Attorneys
LL.D (Honoris Causa) University of Colombo
LL.B (Ceylon) 1965
LL.M (Colombo) 1985
M.Phil (University of Colombo) 1990