England & Wales
Construction and materials
"Rajahbalee understands the technical aspects of both financial and corporate deals very well and he’s very knowledgeable about the Mauritius regulations."
Iqbal is specialised in the practice area of Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Financial Services and Regulatory. He is a Senior Counsel with over 30 years of practice at the Bar of Mauritius with considerable experience in handling all forms of disputes before the Mauritian Courts, statutory tribunals, mediation and arbitrations (both domestic and international).
• Assisted Courts Asia Limited with regard to negotiations with the special administrators of Iframac Limited for acquisition of the Business;
• Advised Vistra Group on regulatory compliance matters following a change in the beneficial owners of the Group and in connection with the termination of the contracts held by the management companies;
• Assisting a major Mauritian bank in providing three parallel facilities for the financing of an investment fund and a construction venture for the acquisition and development of real estate projects in India;
• Advising an International Bank on the disposal of its leasing business as a part of its corporate strategy and compliance with the financial services industry framework and regulations;
• Acting as local counsel to a global BPO service provider in a USD 200 million facility agreement with a major UK Bank for the acquisition of the offshore captive BPO units of a NYSE listed insurance giant.
• Financial restructuring
• Financial services regulatory
• Project development
• Construction and materials
• Financial services
Bar of the Republic of Mauritius
Mauritius Bar Association, Middle Temple Inn of Court London, Honorary Member – Member of the International Tax Planners Association (ITPA) – Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
LL.M – London School of Economics 1979, LL.B – London School of Economics 1978