George is a partner in the firm's Corporate Department.
He has advised on many of the most significant Irish corporate transactions of recent years including:
- Allergan’s $66 billion merger with Actavis;
- unsuccesful bid to acquire eircom from examinership on behalf of an international telecommunications group;
- the Actavis $8.5 billion acquisition of Warner Chilcott;
- the $6.5 billion hostile bid by Royalty Pharma for Elan Corporation;
- Medtronic’s proposed $42.9 billion acquisition of Covidien plc;
- Eaton Corporation’s $11.8 billion acquisition of Cooper Industries;
- the $5.6 billion merger of Questcor and Mallinckrodt;
- Babcock & Brown on its €2.3 billion acquisition of eircom; and
- the $2.6 billion acquisition of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals by Endo International.
George previously worked in the London office of a leading international law firm and has been a partner since 2003.