England & Wales
Capital markets : Debt
Client feedback - Financial and corporate 2015
"Very good service. Clifford is always available and helpful. He's seen many things in his career and is able to share his experience. He's extremely efficient and aware of the needs of his clients."
Clifford Atkins is a partner in the financing practice of the London office of Shearman & Sterling. He specialises in structured finance (both bank debt and capital markets), restructuring matters and debt trading. Clifford is also co-head of the Finance Group at Shearman & Sterling.
Clifford Atkins is cited as a leading lawyer in the categories of Banking and Finance and Capital Markets – Debt in the most recent edition of Chambers UK and is cited in Legal 500 as a leading finance lawyer.
• Acting for Icopal in relation to its scheme of arrangement;
• Acting for the IVG convertible bondholders in relation to the IVG restructuring;
• Acting for Advance Technology Investment Company LLC in relation to their Export Credit Agency financing (a Trade Finance deal of the year 2012);
• Acting for Labco SAS on its super senior RCF.
• Structured Finance
• Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory
• State Controlled Companies/Sovereign Wealth Funds
• Dodd-Frank, UK, EU & Other Regulatory Reforms
• Financial Restructuring & Insolvency
• Leveraged Finance
• Financial Institutions
University of OXford, B.A. (Jurisprudence), 1976
University of Oxford, B.C.L., 1977