Andrei is Partner in Reff & Associates – member of Deloitte Legal in Romania, and also the Global Leader of the Banking & Securities group of the Deloitte Legal network. He has 19 years of multidisciplinary advisory experience in Banking, Capital Markets and M&A. His experience includes advising on bilateral/syndicated loans, debt restructurings and NPL deals in aggregate value of several billion euros. In M&A he assisted in relation to acquisitions of banks and insurance companies. In capital markets, he advised on stock option plans, securities offerings, pre-IPO preparation, insider dealing and market manipulation cases.
• Borrower side assistance to a real estate developer in a EUR 50 mil real estate finance deal;
• Sell-side legal assistance to a bank on the sale of a EUR 287 mil non-performing loans portfolio;
• Buy-side legal assistance to a regional investor in the contemplated acquisition of a EUR 400 mil non-performing loans portfolio;
• Sell side assistance in relation to EUR 82 mil sale of securities in a publicly traded company via block trades on the stock exchange;
• Assisted in successfully defending two bank officers in a major market manipulation and insider dealing court case, one of the largest capital market litigations at European level.
• Capital markets: Equity
• Structured finance/securitisation
• Financial services regulatory
• Financial services
ABS Certificate, The New York Institute of Finance
LL.B. Romanian-American University