Capital markets : Structured finance and securitisation
Consumer goods and services
Client feedback - Financial and corporate 2017
"Excellent, with good language skills, and a vast network. His previous banking experience gives him a helpful understanding of the commercial aspects."
Luc Defferrard, partner with Walder Wyss since 2001, has been active in the finance and legal industry for many years. He mainly advises clients in domestic and cross-border financing and merger & acquisition transactions, as well as in real estate and capital market. Luc Defferrard particularly focuses on private equity (leveraged buy-out) advising a variety of private equity funds, managers and target companies in the structuring and implementation of their projects.
Prior to joining Walder Wyss, Luc Defferrard was working for seven years with UBS in Geneva, Zurich and New York as client manager and project manager in corporate and structured finance. In this position he developed the bank's structured finance offerings to clients in the French part of Switzerland.
• Advised Schaeffler on its issue of high yield bonds with a total volume of approx. EUR 2 billion;
• Advised the French cosmetics group L'Oréal S.A., Paris, on its acquisition of Decléor and Carita from Japanese manufacturer Shiseido Co., Ltd.;
• Advised HgCapital Group with respect to the acquisition of P&I Personal & Informatik AG from The Carlyle Group.
• Capital markets: Debt
• Private equity
• Structured finance/securitisation
• Consumer goods and services
• Financial services
Zurich Bar Registry, admitted to practice in all Switzerland
Geneva University: lic. iur. (1987)