Energy and infrastructure
Real estate finance
Restructuring and insolvency
Construction and materials
Oil and gas
Jean-Eric is the leading partner of energy practice at BLC Robert. He advises all the actors in the energy and infrastructure chain including operators or power producers, investors or lenders and contractors. While also being the Head of the Banking and Finance group, Jean-Eric has a wealth of finance experience and is able to draw on same in assisting clients in putting together funding plans for their projects. He is also involved in other areas of infrastructure both locally and in the offshore sector (Africa and Asia) including transport, mining and utilities.
Recent matetrs advised on
Jean-Eric is mainly involved in banking, project finance and insolvency. He is as involved in domestic as well as cross-border files with financing industry specialty is diverse and includes general infrastructure, energy, corporate, hospitality and real estate. He regularly acts for lenders (private banks and DFIs) as well as borrowers (domestic or international) on the financing of assets and projects based in Mauritius as well as overseas.
• Advised a World Bank related entity on the restructuring of a utility in Mauritius;
• Advised a multitude of domestic and international banks on the financing of power projects both in Mauritius and in various African jurisdictions;
• Advised a World Bank related entity on the financing of a cement quarry in the Democratic Republic of Congo;
• Advised a NSE listed blue chip IT company on the financing of its assets in Nigeria;
• Advised an administrator on the successful turn-around of an insolvent textile factory in view of producing textile products for supply in South Africa and Europe.
• Asset finance
• Project finance
• Real estate finance
• Restructuring and insolvency
• Real estate
Bar of England and Wales, Bar of the Republic of Mauritius
Mauritius Bar Association, Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
LLB (University of Essex-1999) , LLM (University of Essex–2000), DEUF (Diploma in French Law, University of Lyon-1998)