Capital markets : Equity
Jason boasts substantial experience in corporate M&A, workout transactions as well as taxation. He generally practises in the areas of corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate insolvency, real estate, tax but also advises on litigation matters. He has acted for public and private companies, banks, hotels and real estate on a range of acquisitions and other complex corporate transactions.
• Successfully appeared before the Privy Council for Shoprite in respect of an appeal against a VAT assessment on management fees not invoiced nor paid;
• Currently advising and acting for one of the largest corporations in Japan in relation to a Rs 25 Million dispute with the special administrator of Iframac;
• Acting for the main contractor of a Rs 1.8 billion residential project on the proposed takeover of that project out of its liquidation;
• Advising Apavou Hotels in connection with a share purchase and subscription agreement and a joint venture agreement between Apavou Hotels and Sun Resorts Limited;
• Acting for an international financial institution in respect of its Mauritius activities by way of auction bids.
• Capital markets: Equity
• Financial restructuring
• Project development
• Restructuring and insolvency
• Construction and materials
• Real estate
Bar of the Republic of Mauritius, Bar of England and Wales
Mauritius Bar Association, Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, Institute of Chartered Accountants
LLB(Hons) University of Wales Aberystwyth - 1994, Qualified as Chartered Accountant - 1998