Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Securitisation
Michel Bulach, Partner, Head of the Banking & Finance Practice Group
Michel’s recent transactional highlights:
- Assisting RBS International Luxembourg in the scope of a senior facility agreement to be granted to NREP Income+ Fund, a Luxembourg investment fund (EUR 300 Million).
- Advising Risk & Reinsurance Solutions (2RS) on the acquisition of the captive management activity of Sogecore.
- Advising Bank of Beirut on the acquisition of Fortuna Banque S.C.
- Assisting one of the world's leading ground handling organisations with global repayment of debt (EUR 500 Million).
- Assisting a US based high-tech commercial bank in providing financing to various borrowers (USD 125 Million).
- Assisting a private money management firm in relation to the granting by their Luxembourg securitisation vehicle of a financial guarantee in favour of an Italian bank (EUR 125 Million).
- Assisting a Japan leading bank in the scope of a revolving creadit facility agreement (USD 100 Million).
- Assisting a Chinese commercial bank in relation to a secured loan facility (USD 99 Million).
- Assisting a leading steel and mining company and a global automotive supplier with the acquisition of a Luxembourg reinsurance company (EUR 30 Million)
- Assisting a listed company with the listing of shares on the Euro-MTF, combined with a de-listing from Euronext.
Banking & Finance – Investment Funds
Mevlüde-Aysun Tokbag, Partner, Head of the German Desk
Mevlüde-Aysun’s recent transactional highlights:
- Advising and assisting investors and promoters on implementing, transforming or liquidating traditional and alternative fund structures.
- Assisting banking and fund services providers as well as other professionals of the financial industry in all Luxembourg legal and regulatory aspects including sale of subsidiaries, financing of projects, loan agreements and bond issuance.
- Advising management companies, financial services providers and payment institutions on MIFID II Compliance, PSD licences and cash pooling systems.
- Implementing securitisation vehicles, debt fund, private equity funds, reserved alternative investment funds, specialised investment funds and appropriate AIFM for leading German insurance companies, private equity and venture capital firms, and investment services companies.
- Assisting one of the largest insurers in Germany in setting up funds and amending sub-funds, setting up an AIFM and perfoming a legal and regulatory due diligence (EUR 3 Billion).
Investment Funds - Corporate
Samia Rabia, Partner, Head of the Investment Funds Practice Group
Samia’s recent transactional highlights:
- Assisting a European industrial group with the acquisition and restructuring of a Luxembourg specialised investment fund (EUR 3.5 Billion).
- Assisting an open-ended investment company with its compliance with SFDR and other ongoing assistance regarding UCITS (EUR 800 Million / EUR 4 Billion fund).
- Assisting Gremi Group in setting up a dedicated Luxembourg RAIF (Over USD 1 Billion).
- Assisting an international alternative investment firm with the setting-up of an unregulated Luxembourg securitisation fund (EUR 1 Billion).
- Assisting International Housing Solutions with the setting-up of a Luxembourg AIF to raise capital from EU professional and institutional investors (Total commitments USD 235 Million).
François Brouxel, Managing Partner, Head of the Corporate Practice Group
François’ recent transactional highlights:
- Assisting a telecommunications group with the cross-border transfer of the registered office of its holding company from France to Luxembourg (EUR 1.7 Billion).
- Assisting a French listed multinational food-products corporation with a large scale reorganisation of its various legal entities worldwide (EUR 1 Billion).
- Assisting Stenprop in the reorganisation of real estate structure and subsequent divestment structured as a share deal (GBP 95 Million).
- Assisting National General Insurance group with an important internal cross border reorganisation.
- Restructuring a US automotive group with the transfer of registered offices and central administrations of two companies from the state of Delaware (USA) to Luxembourg.
Yann Payen, Partner, Head of Wildgen 4 innovation
Yann’s recent transactional highlights:
- Assisting Schneider Electric with the merger by absorption of two of its Luxembourg financing entities (EUR 630 Million).
- Assisting with the divestment of the shares in Centralis to CBPE Capital (CBPE), a private equity fund dedicated to middle market businesses.
- Assisting Manuloc with the structuring and strengthening of its airport logistic services activities following its joint venture with a French company specialising in the airport industry (G3S) (EUR 15 Million).
- Assisting a leading global airline catering, retail onboard and equipment solutions provider with the acquisition of a subsidiary of a leading German airline and a leading global provider of airline catering covering the complete portfolio of in-flight services.