- Austrian building materials company Rohrdorfer Group acquired the Austrian and Hungarian operations of Mexican cement business Cemex for around €160 million.
- The Austrian operation comprises 24 aggregate quarries and 34 ready-mix plants.
- The Hungarian operation comprises five aggregate quarries and 34 ready-mix plants.
- Cemex divested of some of its business in Central and South Eastern Europe to pay off debt and provide finance for its core business.
- A deal for Duna-Dráva Cement to acquire Cemex's Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Serbia operations for around €231 million was blocked by the European Commission in April 2017.
Ben Naylor - Regional editor