- Eesti Energia, an international energy company operating in the Baltic and Nordic energy markets, has made a tender offer to the owners of its existing notes due in 2018 and 2020.
- The tender was financed through a €500 million eurobond issue.
- This is the biggest bond transaction in the history of Eesti Energia.
- Investors of the new notes issue included funds (48%), insurance companies (21%), banks (15%), pension funds (5%), and others (11%). Among the investors, 44% were from Scandinavia and the Baltic States, 20% from Germany and Austria, 15% from France, 10% from the United Kingdom, 4% from Switzerland, and 7% from other countries.
- Barclays, Deutsche Bank, and Nordea Bank were the joint lead managers. Swedbank was the co-manager.
Wai Yee Tsang - Journalist