- Lindsay Goldberg Vogel acquired VDM Metals Group for €560 million from its parent company ThyssenKrupp.
- VDM was the high performance nickel alloy division of German multinational conglomerate ThyssenKrupp.
- The acquirer is the European arm of the US fund with which it shares its name.
- A €300 million syndicated working capital facility for VDM was agreed with Deutsche Bank in the course of the sale.
- ThyssenKrupp accepted a €100 million write-down on the business in the fee.
- ThyssenKrupp acquired VDM from Outokumpu in February 2014.
Ben Naylor - Regional Editor