- US-based private equity firm Oaktree Capital Management has acquired a controlling stake in Spain's Eolia Renovables.
- Eolia is the first Spanish private equity company to internalise its management, going from a third-party management to an in-house management structure.
- The deal was implemented through an equity swap followed by a merger, according to new regulations applicable to Spanish private equity entities, which entailed the need to interpret and apply certain new provisions.
- Eolia Renovables has a portfolio of wind and solar assets totalling 583.6MW in Spain.
- PLEASE NOTE - Javier Carvajal advised on this matter while working at Cuatrecasas Gonçalves Pereira.
Adam Majeed - Regional editor