- State-owned holding company Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane issued a €700 million green bond.
- The notes have a coupon of 1.125% and mature in 2026.
- The bond's proceeds will be used to finance the purchase of new regional train. It is the first time a corporate issuer has used a green bond to finance the purchase of rolling stock for freight transport.
- It is the first bond in Italy to receive Climate Bonds Initiative certification.
- The issue received offers from 156 investors and garnered around €2.5 billion worth of orders.
Rajeeb Gurung - Researcher