- Equis Funds Group has signed a sale and purchase agreement to sell Equis Energy—the largest renewable energy independent power producer in Asia-Pacific—to Global Infrastructure Partners and co-investors for $5 billion, which includes assumed liabilities of $1.3 billion.
- Equis Funds Group is a Singapore-based investment firm specialising in growth capital investment in the field of renewable and conventional power generation.
- The sale of Equis Energy started with an auction with Royal Dutch Shell and Softbank among the potential buyers.
- Once complete this will be the largest renewable energy generation acquisition to date.
- The co-investors are Public Sector Pension Investment Board and CIC Capital Corporation, a subsidiary of China Investment Corporation.
- JPMorgan and Credit Suisse acted as Equis Energy's financial advisors.
Wai Yee Tsang - Journalist