- Empresa Eléctrica Guacolda has taken out a $330 million syndicated loan and issued $500 million in bonds to refinance its debt.
- Empresa Eléctrica Guacolda is a joint venture between AES Gener and Global Infrastructure Partners and focuses on the generation, transmission and supply of electricity in Chile.
- Davis Polk & Wardwell (Maurice Blanco, Joseph Hadley) advised the initial purchasers, joint lead arrangers, joint book-runners and new lenders.
- Guerrero Olivos (Sebastián Yunge) advised the lenders and underwriters.
- Shearman & Sterling (Antonia Stolper) and Claro & Cía (Rodrigo Ochagavía, José Luis Ambrosy) advised the borrower and issuer.
Rani Mehta - Journalist - Latin America