- Linde and Praxair have undertaken an all-stock merger of equals and have entered into a business combination agreement to come together as a new holding company.
- The merger creates a combined entity valued at an estimated $70 billion and has pro forma revenues of approximately $29 billion.
- Linde shareholders will be offered 1.54 shares in the new company for every Linde share they hold, while Praxair shareholders will be offered one for one - leading to a roughly 50:50 ownership split.
- The new company will be the world's largest supplier of industrial gas and supplies oxygen and hydrogen used at hospitals, oil refineries, chemical plants and steel fabricators.
- The company will be based in the Republic of Ireland.
- Linde is one of the leading gases and engineering companies in the world, with approximately 60,000 employees working in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Praxair is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide.
- Perella Weinberg Partners acted as financial adviser to Linde.
Katrin Kostadinova - Data analyst