- SoftBank has launched its $100 billion Vision Fund.
- The Vision Fund has closed with an initial commitment of $93 billion.
- Investors include - Apple, Qualcomm, Mubadala Investment Company, Saudi Arabia's PID fund, Foxconn and Sharp.
- The fund will invest in $100 million or above deals.
- The fund has already been active with examples being Didi Chuxing $35 billion acquisition of Uber's China assets, SoftBank £389 million investment in Improbable and others.
- The announcement of the fund was coordinated alongside US President Donald Trump’s visit to the Middle East, where two of the Vision Fund’s key backers are located.
Katrin Kostadinova - Data analyst