- The London Stock Exchange (LSE) has acquired Citigroup's Yield Book and Fixed-Income indices for $685 million.
- The acquisition includes the World Government Bond Index and is likely to close in the second half of 2017 subject to regulatory clearance.
- The Yield Book and Citi Fixed Income indices are both leading providers of fixed income indices and analytics.
- The businesses have a client base of more than 350 institutions analysing fixed income instruments including mortgage, government, corporate and derivative securities.
- This is LSE's first big deal since its failed merger with Deutsche Boerse - Deutsche Boerse and London Stock Exchange merger.
Katrin Kostadinova - Data analyst