- Moody's, the US rating agency, has acquired Bureau van Dijk from Swedish private equity firm EQT for €3 billion.
- The target is a global provider of business intelligence and company information.
- The acquisition extends Moody’s position as a leader in risk data and analytical insight.
- Bureau van Dijk, operating from its Amsterdam headquarters, captures, treats, standardises, and distributes the world’s richest private company dataset, with coverage of more than 220 million companies.
- The growth initiatives during EQT VI’s ownership have resulted in strong financial performance, with Bureau van Dijk generating revenues of €258 million and an EBITDA of €132 million in 2016.
Katrin Kostadinova - Data analyst