- AT&T has acquired Nextel Mexico in a $1.9 billion deal.
- Nextel Mexico was sold by former owner NII Holdings.
- The expanded network will cover over 400 million people in the US and Mexico.
- The move is seen as a way to help NII get out of bankruptcy.
- Sullivan & Cromwell (Sergio Galvis, Werner Ahlers, Michael Torkin, Nader Mousavi, Andrew Mason, Matthew Friestedt) advised AT&T.
- Jones Day (Robert Profusek, John Kane, Scott Greenberg) advised NII.
Kurt Stumpo - Journalist - North America and the Caribbean