The IFLR1000 2018 research is now underway and we invite all relevant law firms to participate in the process.
The research process culminates in the publication of law firm rankings, individual lawyer recommendations and law firm reviews (IFLR1000 Reviews).
The research incorporates the following core practice areas:
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Project development
- Restructuring and insolvency
*In some jurisdictions we also research competition, financial services regulatory and investment funds.
For more information about practice area classification please view our:
Timeline of research
The research begins in January 2017 and the rankings and editorial are published in print and online in October 2017.
April 7 2017
Please submit all documents to: email@example.com
If you need an extension to the above deadline please contact the editor Sam Duke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are a law firm active in the financial and corporate areas you can take part in our research by simply filling in and returning our RESEARCH FORM.
CLICK THE ICON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD
- Firms' can submit one research form for each practice area category in their country.
- The research form asks for basic information on the makeup and focus of the practice, any changes to the team in the past year and for up to 20 Highlight Deals per practice area, highlighting the firm's work.
- You may include as many other deal examples as you wish in the Additional Deals section of the questionnaire.
- Transactional examples should be mandates on which the firm has done substantial work since January 2016.
- Firms can also put forward an unlimited number of client referees in support of their submission.
- All referees will be contacted anonymously by the editorial team (by e-mail) during the research in order to gain feedback on the law firm’s work.
Actively engaging with our research team ensures:
- Editorial coverage in the guide (*)
- Accurate and in-depth representation of your firm’s activities
- Potential market endorsement in a well-established, highly-regarded independent guide
- Exposure to our +90,000 online registered users, including in-house counsel at the world’s most significant corporations and financial institutions
(*) Our editorial policy dictates that all firms who participate in the research are guaranteed editorial coverage. Ranking positions are awarded strictly on the basis of market feedback.
Lawyer survey 2018
- IFLR1000 conducts an online survey of lawyers active in the financial and corporate areas that asks respondents to highlight the firms and lawyers that they believe are the market leaders in the different areas of practice.
- All lawyers active in financial and corporate work are invited to take part.
- The survey should only take five minutes to complete and all information provided is CONFIDENTIAL.
Our law firm rankings are based on three key criteria:
- Transactional evidence - We ask all firms to provide transactional highlights from their recent work.
- Client feedback - We speak to a wide range of corporate and in-house contacts as part of our Client feedback survey to get their opinions on the firms and lawyers they use.
- Peer feedback - We conduct an online Lawyer survey (see above) of law firm partners to get their thoughts and feedback on the market.
*NEW THIS YEAR*
Project development is a new category within our research this year and will replace the existing energy and infrastructure rankings.
This area includes all non-financing work relating to energy and infrastructure projects.
Project development includes:
- Concession agreements
- Exploration contracts
- Land acquisitions
- PPPs and PFIs
- Public procurement
- Project negotiations
Both project development and project finance work can be submitted in one single research form
entitled Project finance and development or you can submit for each seperately.
*NEW THIS YEAR*
This year the IFLR1000 is launching Deal Data, a new database of financial and corporate legal transactions updated daily to complement our existing research and rankings.
Deal Data provides unique depth and precision for engaging local counsel, specifying the firms and lawyers that worked on the most significant deals.
For more information and how to take part please click here
Notes on the research
- Law firms do not need to an office in the jurisdiction or region they are submitting for as long as they have a leading role on significant projects.
- We are happy for you to submit information in your own format (Word or PDF) as long as the information asked for in the research form is included.
- Please mark confidential information in the submissions in RED.
- All client referees will be contacted.
- All client referee information will be treated as CONFIDENTIAL and not published.
- EU Competition is a distinct research category covering EU law competition advice only. Any law firm advising on EU law or acting on matters before the EU Commission can submit in this category. PLEASE NOTE: national competition advice (i.e. advice related to an individual jurisdictions's competition regulations) will not be considered in this category.