Energy and infrastructure
Oil and gas
Dyah Soewito is a founding partner of SSEK. She has deep ties in the Indonesian legal community and government offices, giving her a unique insight into the country’s often complex regulatory framework. “[Dyah Soewito],” as one client put it, “excels in face-to-face negotiations thanks to her complete knowledge of relevant legislation and accurate analysis of the positions of various parties.”
Dyah heads the firm’s highly regarded real estate and shipping practices and also has a thriving practice in foreign investment law and corporate and commercial law. She has been recognized by leading legal publications as one of Indonesia’s top practitioners in the fields of energy and natural resources, real estate, shipping and mergers and acquisitions.
• Represented the world’s largest fast-food restaurant in complex multimillion-dollar matters settled under United Nations Commission on International Trade Law and Singapore International Arbitration Centre rules;
• Advised a client on the establishment of a foreign investment company to own and operate a smelter factory in Indonesia, and on the acquisition of a majority stake in an Indonesian nickel mining company with a production operation mining permit;
• Prepared the Transfer of a Business Agreement and its ancillary documents and negotiated the deal through successful completion for the sale by a real estate company of its real estate consulting business to SSEK’s client. The acquisition cemented the client’s position as the largest real estate consulting company in Indonesia;
• Successfully assisted a hotel management company in complex land negotiations with multiple owners to obtain a long-term lease over 125 hectares of land for a resort development and then finance the project with a mortgage on the leased land;
• Advised a leading global provider of floating production services to the oil and gas industry in a deal worth over US$871 million;
• Advised a leading international contractor on the purchase of two vessels including a preparation of a sale and purchase agreement, advised on the corporate approvals of the sellers and represented the client in discussions with the seller regarding the terms and conditions of the sale and purchase.
• Financial services regulatory
• Project finance
• Real estate finance
• Natural resources
• Oil and gas
• Real estate