The IFLR1000 2019 research is now underway and we invite all relevant law firms to participate in the process.
IFLR1000 researches and ranks law firms on the basis of transactional advice.
The research process culminates in the publication of law firm rankings, individual lawyer recommendations and law firm reviews (IFLR1000 Reviews).
The research incorporates the following core practice areas:
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- M&A (including private equity)
- Project development
- Restructuring and insolvency
*In some jurisdictions we also research competition, financial services regulatory and investment funds. To view which practice areas we produce rankings for in your jurisdiction, view our 'Ranking tables by jurisdiction' page.
For more information about practice area classification, please view our:
PRACTICE AREA DEFINITIONS
If you are a law firm which advises on transactional work you can take part in our research by completing our research form.
Firms can submit one research form for each practice area category in its country. To see which practice areas we produce rankings for in your jurisdiction, view our 'Ranking tables by jurisidiction' page.
The research form asks for basic information on the makeup and focus of the practice, any changes to the team in the past year, and for up to 20 highlight deals per practice area. Highlight deals should be mandates on which the firm has done substantial work since January 2017.
Firms can put forward an unlimited number of client referees in support of submissions. All referees will be contacted anonymously by the editorial team (by e-mail) during the research in order to gain feedback on the law firm’s work.
Timeline of research
Research begins: January 2018
Submission deadline: April 27, 2018
New rankings and editorial published in print and online: October 2018
If you need an extension to the above deadline, please contact Sam Duke (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To participate in the research simply download our research form, complete it fully, and upload it HERE.
Our law firm rankings are based on three key criteria:
- Transactional evidence - We ask all firms to provide transactional highlights from their recent work.
- Client feedback - We speak to a wide range of corporate and in-house contacts as part of our Client feedback survey to get their opinions on the firms and lawyers they use.
- Peer feedback - We conduct an online Lawyer survey (see above) of law firm partners to get their thoughts and feedback on the market.
Actively engaging with our research team ensures:
- Editorial coverage in the guide*
- Accurate and in-depth representation of your firm’s activities
- Potential market endorsement in a well-established, highly-regarded independent guide
- Exposure to our audience of in-house counsel at the world’s most significant corporations and financial institutions, and private practice lawyers
*Our editorial policy dictates that all firms which participate in the research and provide relevant examples of transactional work are guaranteed editorial coverage.
Lawyer survey 2019
- IFLR1000 conducts an online survey of lawyers active on transactional work that asks respondents to highlight the firms and lawyers they believe are strong in their area of practice.
- All lawyers active in transactional work are invited to participate.
- The survey should only take five minutes to complete and all information provided is CONFIDENTIAL.
Notes on the research
- Firms are not required to use the IFLR1000 submission template, firms can submit using alternative formats providing the information requested on the IFLR1000 research form is included.
- Please mark confidential information in RED.
- All client referees will be contacted.
- All client referee information will be treated as CONFIDENTIAL and not published.
- This year the details of client referees can be provided on our Word research form using the table on the final page of the submission form. If you would like to provide the details of client referees on an Excel document, please submit these files by emailing the documents to email@example.com.
- You can send us additional deals at any point during the year for consideration for IFLR1000 Deal Data. Deal Data is a database of financial and corporate legal transactions updated daily to complement our existing research and rankings.