10 Chrysanthou Mylona
Number of lawyers: 12
Network membership : Cyprus Bar Association
Languages: Greek, English, Russian
SOTERIS PITTAS & CO LLC is a boutique law firm, in size only, focusing on the areas of law related to business activity and dedicated to providing its clients with outstanding, highly personalized, legal representation.
The lawyers and associates of the firm with their combined skills-set and knowledge can provide comprehensive legal solutions according to the clients’ particular business needs, requirements and objectives. We are committed to representing our clients at all stages of disputes, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation, in order to secure just compensation and legal vindication. We have a petite, however, very experienced team in the M&A department. We provide due diligence reports, issue legal opinions, review and draft various corporate documents depending on the deal in question i.e., shareholders agreements, memorandum and articles, investment agreements, pledges, escrow agreements, SPAs etc., We have wide experience in complex transactions including escrow, both with the monetary and documentary elements.
The Firm has close links and strong associations with reputable audit firms, private equity managers, and fiduciaries in Cyprus, Russia and the former CIS countries.
We thank our clients for selecting our firm to represent them, and we will continue to work hard to provide them with top quality legal representation with the personal touch characteristic of a boutique law firm.
“..Thank you very much.
The transaction with  went well, all settled and the debt is restructured!
Many thanks for your efforts and excellent work of Soteris team! …..”
…. thank you for the meeting. It was wonderful!....”
Thank you very much for your great help, we have done everything today as planned!
I’m so much grateful that you arranged this to happen.”
Our recent works
1. Working with Essar Group with interests in steel, shipping and oil refining on the project relating to crude oil whereas we have assisted with the amendment of the Articles of Association of the Target CypCo, provided legal opinion and assisted and review and drafting of the associated transaction documentation. The transaction is a multibillion transaction and still ongoing;
2. Working with Sistema Group on debt restructuring. Cyprus element included preparation of the legal opinions and die diligence of the Cyprus entities. The transaction is a multimillion transaction and has been completed on 31st December 2018;
3. Advising Reed Smith Greece on hotel restructuring project. Cyprus part involved review of the pledge agreements and diligence of the Cyprus entities. The transaction is a multimillion transaction and still on going;
4. Advising King & Spalding in relation to the investment to be channeled by one of the investors and associated legal steps in amending the articles of association of the Cyprus entity. The transaction is a multimillion transaction and still ongoing;
5. Working with Jacob Katz & Co on the complex Escrow Agreement relating to gaming industry, share purchase agreement and amendment of the Articles of the Cyprus target arrangements in the light of the reorganization of the transaction to secure the performance of the obligations under the current SPA and protection of any 3rd party buyer.
6. Advising Latham Watkins and their respective client in relation to a loan to a Russian borrower for the purposes of performing certain English law call option arrangements between the Borrower and the Bank. Alternatively, the call option arrangements may be terminated by the parties on the basis of a termination agreement.
7. Advising A&NN client on the mechanics of enforcing of the self – enforced Cyprus pledge.
8. Advising SISTEMA in relation to problematics of the enforcement of the Cyprus pledge.
9. Advising Bogatyr and Partners on the merger of the Austrian and Cyprus entities;
10. Providing legal assistance to Bogatyr and Partners in relation to reorganisation of the structure which purchases start-ups and searches for investors to optimise the business and to create efficient and straight forward structure.
11. Advising our long-standing client on the issues of M & A, pledges, guarantees, SPAs in connection with complex reorganisation of the mechanics of the deal, where we are acting as an Escrow Agent;
12. Advising our long standing client on the issues of the SPA, Options, Shareholders Agreement in connection with the exercise of a certain option and our involvement as an Escrow Agent;
13. Advising a large Russian Agro Holding Company on a complex JVA, SPA and an multiple Escrow Agreements in relation to their two major productions assets and sugar factories in relation to their CypHoldCos, where we were also acting as an Escrow Agent;