- Pfizer has acquired cancer drug pharmaceutical company Medivation in a $14 billion deal.
- Medivation is known especially for its new prostate cancer drug Xtandi.
- The deal comes shortly after Medivation rejected a smaller offer by Sanofi, and only a few months after Pfizer's $5.2 billion purchase of Anacor.
- Ropes & Gray (Christopher Comeau, Paul Kinsella) advised Pfizer.
- Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz (Daniel Neff, Trevor Norwitz, Mark Gordon, Gregory Ostling, Ronald Chen) and Cooley (Jamie Leigh, Kenn Guernsey) advised Medivation.
- Davis Polk & Wardwell (Alan Denenberg) represented Medivation financial adviser JPMorgan Securities.
Kurt Stumpo - Journalist - North America and the Carribean