- Wind Tre has undertaken a €10.3 billion refinancing.
- Wind Tre was formed through a merger between Wind Telecommunicazioni and 3 Italia in 2016 and is an Italian telecoms company.
- The refinancing consists of a €7.3 billion high yield bond issue and a €3 billion loan.
- The bond issue consists of both euros and dollar denominated tranches.
- Proceeds will be used to repay existing debts.
- According to the FT, the bond is the largest high yield issue this year to date by a European issuer.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank and HSBC acted as underwriters on the bond issue.
Katrin Kostadinova - Data analyst