- Banco de Bogotá has issued $600 million in senior notes.
- The 4.375% senior notes are due 2027 and were listed on the Luxembourg exchange. The notes were issued pursuant to Rule 144A/Reg S.
- Citigroup Global Markets, HSBC Securities (USA) and Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith acted as initial purchasers.
- The funds raised will be used primarily to finance loan repayments, according to Fitch Ratings.
- Banco de Bogotá is the second largest bank in Colombia by market share of deposits. It is a subsidiary of Grupo Aval Acciones y Valores, Colombia’s largest banking group by total assets.
- In 2016, Banco de Bogotá issued subordinated notes due 2016 valued at $1.1 billion.
Jordan Hughes – Journalist