- UniCredit has undertaken a $1 billion Tier 2 notes issue.
- The 5.861% notes are due in 2032 and were issued under the bank's $30 billion GMTN programme.
- The securities are 15-year with an once optional call after 10 years and issued pursuant to Rule 144A/Reg S.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, HSBC, JP Morgan, Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking and UniCredit Bank have acted as joint bookrunners.
- UniCredit has recently been active in raising equity and debt - UniCredit €13 billion capital increase. The bank has a target of €4.7 billion of net profit in 2019 and plans to shed an additional 6500 jobs, which will cut costs by €1.7 billion.
- UniCredit's shares rose 13% as the bank tried to distance itself from Italy's banking crisis and the move will allow them to offer €55 billion of fresh loans to business customers and expand retails lending.
Katrin Kostadinova - Data analyst