- The Republic of Maldives has issued its debut $200 million sovereign bond.
- The 7% notes are due in 2022.
- This is the first ever US dollar bond issue by the Maldives.
- BoCom International acted as global coordinator, the first time that a Chinese investment bank has taken such a role on an international sovereign bond issue. According to Reuters, this is in part down to the role the country has in China's Maritime Silk Road project
- 83% of the notes were sold to Asian investors and 17% to Europeans.
- 85% of the buyers were asset managers, 10% were banks and 5% were private banks.
Katrin Kostadinova - Data analyst